Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Richard Staff (Support and Information)

@mem

I'm devastated to share the news that the wonderful @mem passed away on Saturday. 

As many of you will know, Marie was a dedicated volunteer moderator on the forum for six years, and a much-loved member of our community for even longer than that.  

Despite the many ups-and-downs of eight years of treatment she always made time to support others, sharing hope, empathy and of course her trademark cheeky humour. 

I count myself lucky to have known such an irrepressibly funny, strong and caring human being, and to have witnessed her never-ending support for our wonderful community and for Bowel Cancer UK. 

It is no exaggeration to say that hundreds of people's lives have breathed easier because of her compassion, warmth, and generosity of spirit. An inspiring legacy for an incredible person. 

Our thoughts today are with Marie's family – her husband, daughter and grandsons - to whom she was utterly dedicated. She leaves an enormous, unfillable gap in their lives and in the lives of her friends everywhere. 

We will miss her greatly. 

KarenE

I am so sorry to read this very sad news. Marie offered support to countless people including myself.
She will be truly missed. 💔

kas52

💔💔💔💔💔

Sussex

Devastating news. One of the forum's most treasured members. She came across as such a wonderfully kind person.

Very sad to come onto the forum and read of so many people passing away from this horrid disease.

bexly33

So sorry to read this news. Rest in peace Marie. What a fighter. 😘 :x::x::x: 😢 🌈

1234annie

She was an inspiration ✨️ @mem ❤ sending lots of love to you and your family :x: :x:

bowelbehavingbadly

So sorry to read about @mem Marie’s death. Sending my sincere condolences to her family and friends. Love to you all at this devastating time. ❤️❤️

Wegwe

So sorry to read this. Her posts on the forum were always so warm and full of life, even when she was very ill. Condolences to all who miss here.

OFJ

So sorry to read this, rest in peace @mem :x::x::x::x:

Jorton

Gutted to read this. @mem provided much needed support on here to so many. She’ll be sadly missed :x::x:

Robbie-C

Sending my love to an amazing lady.
♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️

Julo55

So sorry to read this - @mem was a beautiful soul - came across as so caring and also so full of life and been a source of comfort to many. Thoughts go out to her family and friends 💔💕❤️

Flowerpot

What a gorgeous, selfless person, sleep well beautiful lady

Titanicgirl

@mem was an inspiration to me. A woman of such courage and kindness. Thank you, Marie for being you and for sharing your story with us. . :x::x::x::x:

itfc1959

So, so unfair. I'm so sorry for her, and her family. So sad.

lola14

Sad news, sending love 💘 ❤

Kitty

I’m so sad to read this. She was such a warm, funny, kind, brave person. The world is a sadder place without her. Go gently girl. :x::x:

desiderata

I'm so sad and shocked to read this news. I was diagnosed 8 years ago and remember mem, such a lovely soul. My thoughts are with her family :x::x:

bexly33

So sorry to read that @mem has passed away. She was an incredibly brave lady. Deepest condolences to her family. :x::x:

Baxter2

I'm utterly devastated to have lost such a wonderful friend in Marie who was one of the most kind and thoughtful human beings on the planet. I am already missing our weekly video calls where we put the world to rights! Feeling very lost without you Marie. Apologies if my message doesn't read too well but my crazy meds continue which make mental functioning a bit of a challenge. Marie, I will never forgot you my dear friend. Rest in peace and love to Steven, Jody and the boys. Marie will be watching over you all. 💔

RT54

So sad to read this.Marie was such a supportive and brave soul.An example to all of us with her upbeat and resolute character.
Never met @mem but still shocked.RIP :x::x::x: