Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Baxter2

I'm still around!

Good morning all!

Just a quick message to let you know I'm still here and doing well. Thank you for all the good wishes. I managed to fracture my spine a few weeks ago in 3 places and spent a week in hospital. I'm home now and post holiday in Crete so doing ok. The problem is, I cannot function normally in terms of driving, writing and reading because of the heavy duty meds I'm still on. For the meantime, I'll need to remain quietly in the background to keep myself out of any trouble as I'm inclined to write a lot of gogldegook!

Loads of love to you all,

Karen 🌺🌼🌸🌻🌹

WelshWife

I hope you feel better soonxxx

lola14

@Baxter2 sorry about the pain. You can get over this, stay safe amd gogldegolk all you want :x::x::x: Linda

alsopkj

Hope your feel better soon :x: @Baxter2

Baxter2

Googgledegook update:

Well you couldn't make this up.............Obvious infected port last week. Went for routine CT scan on Thursday(which was all clear again πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸΎπŸ»πŸ₯‚) En route, had puncture.....(I won't go into that story!) I ended up being admitted to my local hospital who kept me overnight. Next day, transferred me to a further one an hour away and now I'm being told it will be Monday before the port can be removed πŸ˜“. I'm still trying to keep a look out for you all but as I'm still well full of Goobledegook back pain meds Id be much safer to continue to sit in the background meantime where hopefully I can do least harm!!

Thank you for all your lovely comments and messages......they do mean so much to me, we're all going through such a tough time just now. I'd love to answer every one but it would probably take me most of the day to complete the task and would probably not even make sense!

I hope you're all doing reasonably ok and a having a good enough Sunday.

Loads of love to you all,

Karen🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Lirio345

Time to stop attention seeking my dear friend! The only part that I am delighted with is your scan πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Loads of love, Kim :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

@Baxter2

bettebette

Glad to hear the good news about the scan results @Baxter2 πŸ˜€πŸ₯°
Sorry to hear you are struggling with all the other **** Sending you lots of positive vibes ✨ 🌟 with love :x::x::x:

Siona

The scan, hurray !!! Gentle healing hugs to you Karen @Baxter2 :x::x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@Baxter2 Great news about the scan. And I'm so glad that you managed to get to Crete, a bit of sunshine does wonders.

Sorry about the need for all the pain meds, so relax and recover, get that port sorted and start feeling a lot better soon.

Big gentle hugs
Liz :x::x:

Jane39

@Baxter2
Fabulous scan news Karen.
Hope everything else improves soon and that you are feeling better.
Take care,
Jane :x::x::x:

louise28

eeee @Baxter2 fab about the scan. But sorry about pain and issues with your fractures :x::x::x:

KarenE

My goodness @Baxter2 you have had a tough time lately, I hope you are feeling better and got your port sorted. So happy you managed to get away to Crete.
Brilliant news about your scan results :x::x::x:

foster mum

@Baxter2 , brilliant scan results but so sorry you are having a bad period in other ways.Thought I’d post a picture of my wisteria in bloom this morning, it made me smile and the smell is lovely. I don’t take it for granted anymore, but do realise that even when we feel s..t, we keep fighting to bloom again. Hoping you feel better soon and keep smiling, Vivien :x:

Baxter2

Ahh, thank you for that @foster mum Vivien. It looks absolutely beautiful! I've just been inspecting my back garden and oh dear, there's lots to be done and I can't do it!! Very frustrating indeed! I did a few sneaky tiny jobs but I need to be sensible I guess! I certainly don't want to spend a third week in hospital! Thank you for your lovely message ❀️

Lots of love,

Karen 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Baxter2

Just wanted to thank you all for your lovely and thoughtful messages. It's been a bit tough at times but I'm now home and recovering from the spine fractures and the port infection. Hopefully things will improve from here onwards! Thank you all for talking the time to write, it really meant so much to read them when I was in hospital.

Sending lots of love and thanks to you all,

Karen 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Lucy118

@Baxter2 , so pleased you’re at home Karen. You’ve been through so much. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope you can get back to your swimming soon too. Lots of love :x::x::x:

Leaguefan

@Baxter2
You really crack me up, seriously.
Considering everything that you have gone through and you still smile and take the time to be positive for everyone.
What a wonderful person you are and an example to those who may be feeling deflated at times.
All my very best wishes.

Keith aka Leaguefan

Baxter2

Aww, what a lovely comment to leave Keith @Leaguefan. I can tell you there were some ups and downs over the last few weeks but I really do hope it's all behind me now! 🀞. Hope you're doing ok yourself?

Lots of love,

Karen 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Poppies

Sorry to hear you have been through so much lately, I am glad you are now on the mend and I hope fully recovered soon. P :x:

strongsami

Karen! What did you do to your back?! Whilst I am sorry as I can-t imagine how painful that must have been, am equally so happy to hear from you and that other than that, you are doing great. Always a massive inspiration! xox

Baxter2

Nothing!! Honestly @strongsami there was no direct injury. I think it's perhaps the long term effects of chemo......who knows?. I've just been for a Dexa bone scan today so maybe find out the state of my old bones! The great news was that it wasn't cancer/metastases! I couldn't quite believe my bad luck at having to spend another week in hospital on iv antibiotics then having infected port removed! I'm going to try a lie low and behave myself for a bit now as I simply can't keep draining the NHS budgets!

Lovely to hear from you and that you're ticking along fine!

Lots of love,

Karen 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻