Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

TriciaB

Travel Insurance

My husband has completed 8 cycles of chemotherapy and is taking a 6 week break while his latest scan is reviewed for possible liver surgery. His primary bowel cancer was removed successfully in January but he had some spread to lymph nodes and has 4/5 liver mets, which on latest scan look to be reducing, so feeling positive :x::x:.
Apart from the crappy side effects of chemo he is well & we really want to make the most of this time and plan to go to Holland next week.
I have contacted All Clear who have quoted £358.96 for a single trip or £1100.93 for annual cover. Just welcome your thoughts on whether you think this sounds reasonable.

Many thanks
Tricia

Wegwe

I live in the Netherlands. The cost of travel insurance here is much lower than in the UK, and does not depend on previous/existing illnesses. Some companies seem to offer policies for people visiting the Netherlands, too, so it could be worth looking at Dutch insurers.

TriciaB

Thank you @Wegwe -That is helpful, will do. Just checked our EHIC ( european health insurance card) and both still valid until 2024. Looking at what the EHIC covers it may may be sufficient for this trip. as we are travelling independently in our van to Assen Moto GP.

Wegwe

Enjoy the GP. My experience with British health insurance in the Netherlands predates Brexit, so can’t help you with that 😀.

KarenR

Hi @TriciaB we are going on holiday on Friday for a week in Portugal. We got a quote from Insurancewith for £65 for a single trip and £170 for annual cover. My husband has stage 4 bowel cancer which can't be cured, at the moment the cancer is shrinking. He was completely honest with his diagnosis on all the questions and couldn't believe how cheap the quote was! Happy holidays :)

Best wishes
Karen :x::x:

kas52

Insurewith definitely the best and cheapest on market @TriciaB...my husband got annual below 300 pound.All clear is too expensive. A lot of people here advise Insurewith and if you compare them to others , they are a true winners .Hope you will find something . Hugsxxx

ElaineG

Another vote for Insurewith 👍

ElaineG

Oops @TriciaB its actually insurancewith :x:

TriciaB

Thank you ALL very much. Appreciated I will check them out!!
Tricia :x::x: