Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

You can find lots of useful information about bowel cancer treatment on our website. You can also get information and support from our Ask the nurse service.

Alanj

Liver ablation advice

Morning !
Anyone with advice please on Liver Ablation treatment which i will receive in a few weeks time for two small liver mets.Thanks in advance :x:

colourmesurprised

Hi, Alan, I am booked in for ablation next week for one very small liver met. I will let you know how I get on. The surgeon recommended this versus open surgery due to the small size of the lesion and its position. I have been told to expect one night in hospital and then home. Let's hope that is the case.

kathyS

@Alanj I have had ablation treatment twice on my liver in 2020 April & August and i have since been monitored every three months and my liver has stayed clear since then. The first time I had some complications (a pneumothorax) and as it was resting on my diaphragm had shoulder pain and side pain which lasted about two weeks - but the second time easy ride. I was in hospital two nights the first time and one night the second time. All the best for yours! :x::x::x:

colourmesurprised

@Alanj, I’ve just had my ablation and it went well. If you search under my name you will see the update. :x: