Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

GD62Z

Deepest Sympathy

It is with deep sadness that I have to inform the forum that @cyclingjohnny John Parkinson passed away at Trinity Hospice in Blackpool at 740am this morning. John was a great advocate for bowel cancer patients and their families, a man of great compassion and loved by all those whom had contact either in person or virtually. Deepest condolences to his lovely wife Paula, family and friends. May he rest in God's peace, he will be sadly missed.

Wanderlust83

I'm so sorry to hear this. John was such a great support to a lot of people on this forum, and he helped me a lot when my mum was on the same journey as him. Sending love to his family and this very sad time :x:

rosie001

Such sad news 😞 thinking of Johns family and friends :x:

Julo55

I’m so so sad to hear this news - John was a lovely man who was so kind and helpful to me and all others on here and did it all with such humour - although I only knew him virtually he has left a lasting impression and I will always remember him and my heart goes out to his wife and family and friends for their loss :x::x:

The Blue RSM

Such sad news. Johnny @cyclingjohnny was one of the first to offer support and advice when I was first diagnosed. He came across as someone who loved life and with a determination to live it to its fullest. He offers me encouragement and advice on how I could and indeed should continue where and when possible to run. Thank friend you’ll be sadly missed ❤️❤️

grannym

@cyclingjohnny this is my first ever post. I couldn’t not respond to the sad news. I was diagnosed with bowel cancer back in December 2019. I started my 6 months of folfox in February 2020 and that’s when I started to follow this site. You were one of the first people I came across whose humour and compassion helped me through my treatment ( although you never knew that) Such a lovely man. My love and condolences to your family, to your friends and all on here who will miss you as much as I will. God bless :x:

lisa7

May john @cyclingjohnny rest in peace. He was so kind. He offered us alot of advice when our dad was so ill. I will light a candle on the 12th remembering john in our prayers. God bless.

ElaineG

Cycling Jonny

Thinking of John, Paula, Family and Friends on this sad day. Rest in Peace John 🙏💔

Frances Styles

Not, How Did He Die, But How Did He Live?

Not, how did he die, but how did he live?
Not, what did he gain, but what did he give? These are the units to measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of his birth. Nor what was his church, nor what was his creed? But had he befriended those really in need? Was he ever ready, with words of good cheer, To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say, But how many were sorry when he passed away?

Rest in power John, such a beautiful generous soul, much love to Paula, his friends and family as he makes his final journey today :x::x::x:

Calleyh

Remembering a good kind man.

bowelbehavingbadly

RIP Cycling Johnny. Thank you for being warm welcoming and genuine in your advice and support. You will be dearly missed but never forgotten. 💕

Gypsy

I wasn't able to light a candle as I had cycled up to the church hall where we hold our drop in friendship group every Tuesday- (8 miles in total there and back John with a strong head wind, (knew you would approve of the cycling) and I thought of you all the way). I just went through to the church at the appropriate time, sat in the pew and reflected and said my prayers for you and yours. Goodbye John, we'll not forget you.

Baxter2

Sending lots of love and condolences to all of Johns family and friends. I’ll hold fond memories of our, ‘Triathlon with a Twist’ we completed and all the money raised for BCUK. Rest in peace my friend. @cyclingjohnny :x::x:

Poppies

RIP @cyclingjohny I have read through all †he posts and I am not surprised by the reverence shown to you by the forum members, you made a big difference John. I appreciated the shared photos. His beloved wife and his cat were his world. It doesn't matter, but somehow I thought his beautiful cat Mya was called Molly.To me, you are a legend John who will never be forgotten. Sending prayers and strength to Paula and family and friends. :x::x::x:

annie50C

Remembering a great man with a candle with nature all around that he loved. 🕯 ... Never forgotten, ever ... burned bright and ferociously .. All my love and strength to Paula and your family ... I will miss you forever. :x::x::x::x: @cyclingjohnny

Lucy118

Remembering such a lovely man. Rest in peace @cyclingjohnny. Sending lots of love to Paula and all his family and friends. You will never be forgotten John. :x::x::x:

Jane39

Thinking of John on this sad day.
Condolences and love to John’s wife Paula, family and friends.
Rest In Peace John.
Jane :x::x::x:

grannym

Remembering a beautiful soul today.
Rest in Peace @cyclingjohnny

Lawyer1

RIP @cyclingjohnny my dear friend ur attitude of caring and supporting others will be remembered by many on this forum. You will never be forgotten you will be missed dearly.

Nanny-annie

RIP you wonderful man … may your love ones find comfort knowing how much you changed peoples lives ❤️

Ninatoo

I picked this candle burner from my collection with its design of leaves and flowers because I know how much @cyclingjohnny loved to get out into the world on his bike and be surrounded by nature. RIP John, such a mighty man. We will never forget you. ❤️ ❤️❤️