Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

jotty

Very sore bum, anyone else had similar ?

I am now post APR going on 15months and from time to time I get soreness between what left of the bum cheeks near to the op site, I have total Barbie Butt and stoma, and today I have a very very slight trace of blood. Is this due to sitting to long or have I done something else. And has anyone any remedies, I'm running the bath as I type .

deedeedokey

Hi I get to the point of rubbing my behind so much it bleeds. It gets itchy then of course sore. I think it’s just the residue of sitting on the loo for so long and so often . I’m sure your home can prescribe a soothing cream ?

ElaineG

How strange @jotty the very same thing has happened to my husband over the past few days. He took up cycling during lockdown and is wondering if it could be that that is causing it. He’s off on 200 mile charity cycle tomorrow!! We are going to call his nurse at The Christie next week to ask her advice. I hope you get some relief soon :x:

jotty

Out of the bath now and about to apply sudocream although I still cringe when calmly I delve into the cavity they left, which I thought was sealed completely. I have a feeling as though something is swollen inside, is it like I am still producing fluid and it has nowhere to go. I have spoken to my nurse and she told me not to worry-without looking of course.

Liz Blakelands

@jotty
Hi
Sorry that sounds really scary but I can’t offer any advice, only sympathy and hope that you can soon get someone to actually examine you soon.

I’m sure I can remember other members who have had an APR op had had problems with the wound not healing.

Big hug
Liz :x::x:

Patty

Hi Strangely I'm having this problem as well tho it's 2 1/2 years since my op. At first I couldn't tell if the discomfort was internal or external. I think it's just sore skin between the cheeks and I'm trying sudocream. However if it's no better in a couple of days I'm going to ring the nurse. I'm due a ct scan mid July anyway so if there is anything internal hopefully that will show up. This is the first time I've had any probs since the op once the initial healing had settled down. However having only recently been 'upgraded' to stage 4 every twinge is a worry. Will be interested to know what the Christie say.