Welcome to our forum

Welcome to the Bowel Cancer UK Community, a place for anyone affected by bowel cancer to talk about their experiences, share their knowledge and support each other. Please read our useful information pages for more information about the forum and Bowel Cancer UK.

sy

I thought I say hello

Diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer last year. Unfortunately the routine bowel test did not pick it as I had clear result few months before.
Following 2 surgery last year - colon and liver, I had chemo after liver surgery to clear anything that the surgery did not picked up.
Had only 3months clearance only to be told after the 2 CT that it is back in the liver. Feel really down and not sure what my appointment will be about next week.

Lirio345

Hi @sy, a very warm welcome to the forum although I am so sorry to hear of your recurrence in the liver.

This is not dissimilar to my situation - please have a read of my profile by clicking on my username. I was diagnosed in Jan 2015 with a recurrence in Dec 2015. I think that I felt more devastated at this point than on my original diagnosis.

I have been on permanent/maintenance chemo since then and lead a near normal life. They will come up with a plan B next week, but meanwhile, be very kind to yourself. Take care, Kim :x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@sy
Hi and welcome to the forum. I must have been devastating to be told about the recurrence in your liver. I'm so sorry. It is a real setback but I'm sure that at your appointment next week your medical team will have a plan to deal with it.

Please keep in touch, big hug, Liz :x::x:

sy

ThanksKim. Reading your comment gives me hope. I will read your profile.

Thanks Liz. I am hoping for the best next week but it's not easy.