Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Sussex

Folfox and Folfiri have both failed to work

Hi all,

I'm devastated to say that after less than a year after being diagnosed with bowel cancer with spread to the liver, my Mum has run out of options and is being moved to end of life care. They have tried everything - operations and chemo - but nothing has worked for very long. We're so proud of her for going through everything she has been through and giving it everything. You can't do more than that.

Reading people's stories on this forum has given me so much hope over the past year which has been key in helping me get through such a tough time. I'm sure others will have much better outcomes. I wish everyone the best for the future.

Lucy118

@Sussex, I’m so sorry that nothing has worked for your Mum. Sending lots of love and strength to you and your family. I do hope you will be able to make the most of the time left with your Mum and you can make some lovely memories. Big hugs :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Hi @Sussex, I’m so sorry to hear about your lovely mum, she sounds amazing. Lots of love to you all, Kim :x::x:

Robbie-C

Sending my love to you both.
❤️♥️❤️

Liz Blakelands

@Sussex
I'm so very sorry that nothing has worked for your mum. May the next weeks be free of pain and full of love. Sending lots of love, Liz :x::x:

justturned50

Sending you lots of love. It really is tough when they have tried so hard. Hope your mum is comfortable and you can spend some special times together :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Sussex,

I'm so very sorry to read your post and can only imagine how you, mum and the family are all feeling. Life is so unfair and chemo such a sneaky and complex disease in many ways. No two the same and that goes for how we respond to treatment too.

Sending lots of love to you and your lovely mum,

Karen 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Jane39

Dear @Sussex,
I am sorry to hear about your lovely Mum.
I hope that you have great support and love around you as a family.
Sending love and strength,
Jane :x::x::x:

Wanderlust83

I'm so sorry, cancer is so cruel and life is so unfair sometimes. Having recently lost my mum all I can say is enjoy every minute, take photos and leave nothing unsaid. Sending love and strength :x:

mum24

I am so sorry to read this. I have just been diagnosed and am facing an aggressive spread and stage 4 myself, I am hoping to start palliative chemo next week. My heart aches for you both. :x::x::x:

Leaguefan

I realise it’s hard for people to post difficult news but it also shows great courage IMO to do so.
Having gone through something similar when my wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer it’s not easy but you will have love and care for your mum and she will no doubt be happy for that.