Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Bear G

9 years and counting!

Sorry I don’t get onto the forum very often these days. I thought my 9th cancerversary was a good excuse to pop back, I hope this is helpful

My cancer journey in numbers

Stage 4 with KRAS mutation
3 mets in liver
8 mets in lungs
1 bowel surgery
1 lung ablation
12 cycles of intense chemo
100+ cycles of maintenance chemo

And the numbers that really count:
3 years of clear scans (and counting)
5 years since last surgery
9 years survival … so far!

The picture is a part of my oncologist’s latest letter to my GP

Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Tanguera

@Bear G Amazing news. I'm so happy to hear you are doing well. Have you thought of the new 'strive' motto after the 10th anniversary is reached?

Titanicgirl

You go, @Bear G ! So inspiring to see good news!

Bear G
Quote from @angelj:
Thanks for the update @Bear G that is amazing news. even if you’ve not been around on here I've thought of you, as you been such an inspiration to us all

Thank you. It’s all about spreading hope to one another :x::x:

Bear G
Quote from @Tanguera:
@Bear G Amazing news. I'm so happy to hear you are doing well. Have you thought of the new 'strive' motto after the 10th anniversary is reached?

Ha ha
We’ll strive for five will always stay in place as a way of spreading hope to others who have stage 4 cancer, especially in their early days.
I’ve been doing “TARGET TEN” as a personal thing, not sure what follows that, I hadn’t dared hope!!

sharon01

just read your strive for five @Bear G suddenly felt very. optimistic my husband can get their. Wishing. you well to your Target Ten Sharon :x:

bexly33

Well done @Bear G - great news. :x::x::x:

El Ivan

Just seen this as I don’t pop on as often as I did. Fantastic news @Bear G 😀:x:

Bear G

Thanks El Ivan, hope you’re keeping well
Big hugs

Quote from @El Ivan:
Just seen this as I don’t pop on as often as I did. Fantastic news @Bear G 😀

HH79

Fantastic! Gives hope to so many.

Michaels Mum

Such a lovely post to read @ Bear G :x::x:

Gula

Excellent @Bear G -well done :x::x::x:

lola14

@Bear G you were here when i first found this site in 2018. What a support you all were. So, lovely to hear from you again and Wow to you on your success from treatment. This helps others have hope. Look forward to hearing from you again. Linda :x:

Snowdrop

Wow- such AMAAAAZING news-thanks for sharing :x:

1234annie

Whoop!! Love this @Bear G :x: :x:

Gula

That is fantastic @Bear G! Take care :x::x::x:

Bear G

4 years Linda, wow!
Hope you’re well!
Big hugs

Quote from @lola14:
@Bear G you were here when i first found this site in 2018. What a support you all were. So, lovely to hear from you again and Wow to you on your success from treatment. This helps others have hope. Look forward to hearing from you again. Linda

Down to Devon

@Bear G just catching upon messages and so thrilled to read the brilliant news that you are still here !! I joined the forum in 2018 when my hubby was at stage 2B he was in remission but now he is at Stage 4, and of course I’m back for some support and maybe to share experiences with others in the same position. I can’t tell you how happy I am to see you’re still here, it gives me hope!! Lots of love from Gill :x::x:

hithere

The strive for 5 campaign looks brilliant