Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

mountainwoman

5 years on from Stage 4 diagnosis - clear scan

I don't post on here too often but I am always grateful that I can read other people's experiences particularly when I was first diagnosed.
I was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer at 47 years old in May 2017. I had large bilateral Kruckenburg tumors, some spots in the omentum and a small amount of malignant ascites. T3 N0 M1 with KRAS mutation and EMVI positive.
I had CRS/HIPEC at Basingtoke in August 2017 followed by folfox chemotherapy. I then went back to work and was all clear for over 2 years. In June 2020 I had a small recurrance in the pelvis so had CRS/HIPEC at Basingstoke again during the pandemic followed by 12 rounds of Folfox.
My latest scans have come back clear 5 years after my initial diagnosis, 2 years after my second surgery
and 16 months since my last chemotherapy treatment.
I work 3 days a week teaching music to primary school children and enjoy cycling, hiking and yoga. It hasn't all been easy and I've had to pay for extra physio to deal with all the wierd aches and pains!
Wishing everyone well and hope this may help those newly diagnosed.
Take care :x:

Leaguefan

Ooh lovely, more good news.
This is what everyone on these forums love.
The more the merrier and less of anything else.
Long may it continue.

bettyb1987

Brilliant news @mountainwoman it makes such a difference to read these 🌈 congratulations on your clear scan :x::x::x:

Jane39

@mountainwoman
Fantastic to read your update .
Just brilliant news. So important to share these positive stories.
Take care ,
Jane :x:

Snowdrop

Wonderful news- thanks for sharing :x:

liz82

Amazing news, congratulations! :x:

charleyb

Incredible thanks for sharing @mountainwoman πŸ’ͺ❀️

Titanicgirl

incredible news - thank you for sharing!

mountainwoman

Thank you for all the kind replies. Now I've gone and got covid πŸ™„. Never mind, it seems to be going quite quickly!
Take care :x:

Lizsa

This is amazing @mountainwoman . After everything you've been through you definitely deserve a break! I wish you all the best and many many years of clear scans. Sorry about the covid though that sucks! Hope you feel better soon :x::x:

Up Shit Creek

Any tips? And well done.πŸ™‚

kas52

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Bravo ,superb news @mountainwoman .:x::x::x:

Gula

Congratulations @mountainwoman!!! Fantastic news :x::x::x:

mountainwoman
Quote from @Up Shit Creek:
Any tips? And well done.πŸ™‚

Hi @Up Shit Creek, Thanks! No particular advice- I was fit and healthy before my diagnosis.! However I think I have been very lucky with my teams who have been very thourough and always take action as soon as it is needed - Royal Free hospital, London and Basingstoke PMI.

terri m

Absolutely wonderful.to hear this news @mountainwoman . Wishing you positive news always :x::x::x:

bowelbehavingbadly

Fantastic to hear this news @mountainwoman thank you for sharing. ❀️❀️❀️

mary poppins

I too am KRAS mutant and EMVI +
Your story has given me so much hope, so pleased you are doing so well πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

hithere

Wonderful news thank you so much for posting. What kras mutation are you do you know? E.g. kras mutation G13 etc