Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

charleyb

5 years since diagnosis and today clear scans

Hi All,
I’m not on here often but do try to pop back every now and then to update everyone on how Charlie is doing. Well today we celebrated 5 years since stage 4 diagnosis, he was stage 4 from get go with a large lung met, then 2 years later a liver met. He is currently at 3 years clear scans since the last surgery. Our wonderful oncologist has suggested moving to yearly scans, we were flabbergasted!!! Anyway just wanted to share our good news and send hope to anyone newly diagnosed. Charlie was told in 2017 that he had an 8% chance of surviving 5 years, and well screw you cancer he’s here and not just surviving, he’s living!!!
Sending love hugs and strength to you all
❤️💪❤️

SalShep

That is just the best news, I'm so happy for you both @charleyb :x::x:

strongsami

Awesome news!!!! Here's to many more xoxox

ElaineG

Hi @charleyb its so good to hear from you and to read your FANTASTIC news. It’s great that Charlie is truly living his life. My husband, Chris had his diagnosis about 9 months earlier and he too is doing well, living life. He recently cycled 210 miles between Newcastle & Edinburgh, raising £1400 for The Christie. Scan next month so getting a bit jittery as usual. Our stories do give hope to those on the forum who are newly diagnosed. Sending love to you and your family ❤️❤️❤️

charleyb

That’s awesome and such a great amount raised!!!
Loads of luck for your scans 💪❤️

Quote from @ElaineG:
Hi @charleyb its so good to hear from you and to read your FANTASTIC news. It’s great that Charlie is truly living his life. My husband, Chris had his diagnosis about 9 months earlier and he too is doing well, living life. He recently cycled 210 miles between Newcastle & Edinburgh, raising £1400 for The Christie. Scan next month so getting a bit jittery as usual. Our stories do give hope to those on the forum who are newly diagnosed. Sending love to you and your family ❤️❤️❤️

Josianna

Just brilliant 👍 :x::x::x:

mountainwoman

Hi @charleyb That's great news. Sounds like a good celebration as well!

El Ivan

Great news @charleyb 😀:x:

charleyb

Thanks so much you lovely lot ❤️💚💪

Baxter2

So sorry I missed this earlier @charleyb! Absolutely thrilled for you both! Brilliant news!

Sending lots of love to you both and the family,

Karen 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Gula

Fantastic news @charleyb!!! It is always so wonderful to read news like yours!!! Take care :x::x::x:

charleyb

Thank you 🙏🙏❤️💪

Cathy13

Wonderful news @charleyb 👍👍 :x::x::x:

Siona

So pleased for you @charleyb :x::x::x:

charleyb

Thank you 🙏❤️💪

bowelbehavingbadly

@charleyb absolutely wonderful news. I love hearing these stories. ❤️

charleyb

Thankyou ❤️
I searched this forum 5 years ago for stories of hope and their were not many! So I vowed if Charlie got to his milestones that I would always post updates. There are a few on here now in the stage 4s which is awesome ❤️💪❤️

Quote from @bowelbehavingbadly:
@charleyb absolutely wonderful news. I love hearing these stories. ❤️

1234annie

Whoop whoop!! Inspirational, the pair of you. :x: :x: :x: :x:

charleyb

Love you Annie and right back at ya 😘😘😛

Quote from @1234annie:
Whoop whoop!! Inspirational, the pair of you.

zaffy
Quote from @charleyb:
Thankyou ❤️
I searched this forum 5 years ago for stories of hope and their were not many! So I vowed if Charlie got to his milestones that I would always post updates. There are a few on here now in the stage 4s which is awesome ❤️💪❤️

We are where you were 5 years ago and like you, we search for good news stories. It really helps, gives hope to where maybe there is none. Thank you.