Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

You can find lots of useful information about bowel cancer treatment on our website. You can also get information and support from our Ask the nurse service.

xcgb

Waterproof PICC line cover

Hi again
I'm sure this has been asked before but can anyone recommend a waterproof PICC line cover for showering?

Seen a few on Amazon but not sure which works best
Thanks

Kareno62

Hi @xcgb . I was given a prescription for a limbo arm cover by the nurse that fitted my picc line. It is a waterproof sleeve with a rubber seal at each end and worked well. Have you filled the form in to get free prescriptions while you’re having treatment?

Tess22

Hi definitely speak to your nurse first. My hubby was prescribed two limbo arm covers as soon as he was discharged after having had a loop ileostomy. Hope you get sorted out.

xcgb

Karen oh right I have got the free prescription yes, who gave you the prescription? I start my chemo next week perhaps they can do that for me there?

xcgb

Sorry just read you did say who gave it to you
Thanks!

Jane39

Hi @xcgb
Your oncology nurse or GP should be able to prescribe you a limbo arm cover.
Jane :x::x:

Polly 1

Hi @xcgb the chemo nurses gave my husband a ' prescription request form' at his first chemo to give to his GP so he could prescribe a limbo cover.

Gula

Hi @xcgb. The chemo nurses gave me limbo arm cover.

Tweed

My husband wears a blue sleeve in the shower given to him to cover PICC line. I’m going in to be taught how to remove the chemo pump this afternoon to reduce trips to hospital.
Frantically watching videos on RM website!!
Just a bit nervous!

Sarah_louise1

My partner bought his on amazon, has good reviews & has rubber seals both ends so fit well on the arm

Polly 1

Hope all went OK this afternoon @Tweed? I remember watching lots of videos as well :x::x:

Tweed

All good The test will be can I manage on Sunday?

Quote from @Polly 1:
Hope all went OK this afternoon @Tweed? I remember watching lots of videos as well