Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Hayleyc89

Husband off treatment for 6 months and still stable

My husband has been off immunotherapy for 6 months now due to it causing colitis, we have just received the news today that the cancer remains stable the colitis is still there but not as bad so will need a follow up with the gastroenterology team cancer wise he will have bloods and another CT scan in 3 to 4 months so pleased with this news as being off treatment we were scared of growth or spread also they said if it does grow or spread then there is still options available for him absolutely made up.

Liz Blakelands

@Hayleyc89
So very pleased for you both that things are going so well. Long may it continue :x::x:

Jane39

@Hayleyc89
Wow Hayley... I was only thinking about you and Stuart last night and wondering how things were going.

I am so super pleased for you both. You have both had such a difficult time. I am so pleased the colitis is settling for him and the consultation was a positive one.

Best Wishes to you both.
Jane :x:

Hayleyc89

Thank you @Liz Blakelands and @Jane39 we are so pleased with the results feels like we can remain positive now :x::x::x:

bettyb1987

Hi @Hayleyc89 so pleased to read about your husband being stable and that plenty of options are on the table for treatment. Will you keep us posted with how he gets on? Lots of love B :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Good morning @Hayleyc89, what lovely news. I hope you are able to celebrate in some way. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Hayleyc89

@Lirio345 thank you. We took our children to primrose valley for a week last week and then came home to receive this news but we are going to try have a celebration once his bowels are settled as the colitis is really messing things up for him at the moment :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Hi again @Hayleyc89, I can really empathise with the colitis as I had it for about six months after my first Bowel surgery. I hope it settles soon, Kim :x::x:

Hayleyc89

@Lirio345 it feels like it's never ending the colitis, he's had 4 lots of infliximab and been on high dose steroids both orally and intravenous for the past 6 months and as soon as the steroids reduce he has a huge flare up again it really does take over daily life doesn't it :x::x::x: