Younger people with bowel cancer

Chris82

Hello (...and updates from Chris82)

I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm 32 (and male) and was diagnosed three and half weeks ago. The cancer has spread both to my liver (two places) and there are multiple deposits in the peritoneum. My oncologist has indicated an 'average' life expectancy of 2-3 years but has warned me that I could only have 6-9 months if I don't respond to treatment.

I'd been experiencing what I thought was IBS (mainly discomfort that has come and gone - it all still seems very mild) for about 7 months and had been to the doctor a few times. I was only recently referred for a colonoscopy after some blood tests showed the inflammation.

There isn't any surgical option at this point, unless it's necessary as an emergency due to blockage, which miraculously has not happened yet. I've so far had one cycle of FOLFOX and Avastin just over a week ago, with no major side effects so far. I barely have any symptoms at all right now in fact.

Obviously the whole thing has come as a massive shock. I only got married two months ago. My husband, family and friends are all being amazing and I think I'm coping well. But I also lack any connections with other people in a similar position, especially of my age - so I thought I would at least say hello (before I go to bed).

DianeS

Very best of luck @Chris82, hope the results bring good news. We must all get together soon :x::x:

Baxter2

Glad you've had a great holiday @Chris82

Sending all my very best wishes for great scan results. It never gets any easier does it?

Lots of love,

Karen :x::x:

Clancy

Good luck @Chris82 , lovely to hear from you, and that you are relatively well. I too have CT on Monday and MR on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for all of us.:x::x:

Chris82

Thanks all. All the best to @charleyb and @Clancy for upcoming scans :x:

CD1966

Best of luck with those scans @Chris82 - great to hear you are doing well!

Wren17

All the best with scan results @Chris82 :x::x:

Chris82

Results are in - still stable!

charleyb

Fantastic so pleased for you :x::x:

Polly 1

Great news :x::x:

lofour

Great news! Good to hear that.

Polly68

@Chris82 woohoo! Great to hear :x::x::x:

KarenE

Great news, so pleased for you :x::x:

george1960

Chris Very good news. :x:

Sparrow

Amazing news, @Chris82 !! Well done, young lad :) hugs :x::x::x:

Lizalou

Great news @Chris82 :x::x:

CD1966

Fantastic news @Chris82 - great to hear.