Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Life with bowel cancer

Forum user

What did you do today?

I'm not sure what other folk are like, but I still have some days when I feel completely 'whacked' from the moment I get up, and others where I manage to achieve quite a lot (by my standards). I try and do something everyday though even if it's just a walk.

Today wasn't a great day in that I felt really tired when I got up and spent the early part of the morning surfing, but then went on to bake some oatcakes, and started gardening before the rain drove me back inside - divided up the pots of mint we have with the idea of making a lot more fresh tea this summer.
Managed to make the tea and light the fire in time for my wife coming in, but I'm now exhausted and am slumped in a chair with my last cup of herb tea before bed

What did you manage to do today?

Baxter2

Thank you so much @springer michelle and @Jacey Connell 74! Here's a couple of pics of me today with my 10 month old grandson Harry ❤️

Happy Birthday @Baxter2.Have a fantastic day Lovely pic of you and Harry.??

Baxter2

Thank you @1965 I've refrained from posting my video of the trip over the new Bridge but it was fun! ???❤️?

springer michelle

Ahh he's gorgeous :x:

CD1966

Wonderful photos @Baxter2 - you both look stunning!

DianeS

Awwww gawjus photos @Baxter2 he is so beautiful :x::x::x::x:

kim74

Hi @Baxter2 I don't know how I missed this post. You both looking amazing, fab photo, you can see what a loving couple you are, and it your birthday today. Happy birthday to a very special person hope you are enjoying your day.
Hugs
Kim :x::x:

Hans

Congrats to you both @Baxter2 to you both. Lovely picture and good weather - lovely - I wish you all the jolly best
Hans

Mandy

Fabulous ! :x::x:

GD62

Hi @Baxter2

happy birthday :x::x::x:

bexly33

Happy Birthday @Baxter2 ?:x::x::x:

Lizalou

Oh that's lovely @Baxter2
( Can I put in an order for a cute grandchild too, or do I have to consult my children 1st?)

Baxter2

Cute grandchildren come highly recommended @Lizalou! He is an absolute tonic for me, that's for sure! Always cheers me up when I'm not feeling so good! :x::x:

mem

Awww @Baxter2 Harry is sooo cute! Lovely picture of you both ? :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @mem. He's just started crawling and pulling himself up this week! Now the fun will really start! :x::x:

mem

Haha yes it will @baxter! Time to move things up a level in your home ?!
Have a lovely weekend :x::x:

Gypsy

It was a lovely day for a walk in the hills.