Life beyond bowel cancer

Forum user

Welcome to our new discussion board

The impact of bowel cancer doesn’t end when treatment does.

Getting the right support after treatment it vital, whether that’s 3 months or 3 years down the line there is no time limit when trying to regain some degree of normality after a cancer diagnosis.

Whether you want to talk about physical and emotional after effects, financial worries, sex life post-treatment or worries about scans and cancer coming back, this is the place for you.

This is a brand new group we’ve introduced to the forum in 2016 so that we are ensuring that everybody affected by bowel cancer is adequately supported at whatever stage.

MaryHB

Well done the menfolk for what they are doing while in remission, - and for starters, I'm flagging up for us females, I help out at the Cancer Rehab exercise class as a volunteer - maybe not as energetic as the men, but mentally I get so much back from my efforts.

My fingers crossed for you too @wikey :D xxx

Mary

wikey

hi Mary , we all do our best eh !

Sparrow

Hi @wikey, good luck for your colonoscopy on Monday!!! Hopefully you will celebrate with a new bike Monday afternoon?! Hugs :x::x:

wikey

hi @Sparrow , maybe by end of week i will have it

might be this one

notice the nice Irish green colour

wikey

;);)

Sparrow

Hi @wikey- gorgeous! Love the blue racing stripe too... It looks really fast! I hope you get it!

Newbee03

Great idea starting this board - thanks

Jani

That saddle does not look at all comfortable...

Great to see this section up and running !

Forum user

I'm going for a colonoscopy on Friday and I'm worried sick in case it's come back,I've not felt we'll for ages and can't sleep.

Brian

You have my sympathy John. Stress like this is inevitable and there is little we can do to minimise it except try to distract ourselves. The day will soon be here. try to keep your mind occupied with something else. Hugs, B :x:

itfc1959

@John Mullen, try not to worry. Your profile doesn't tell us much: when were you diagnosed, what stage were you at, how has your progress been so far? It is January and most of us are entitled to feel under the weather. Have you got a link nurse you can talk to? Maybe you could give one of the BBC nurses a ring. Amyway, a lot of people here have been through what you're going through, and we get it totally. It can be a scary place. We're right behind you!

Forum user

@wikey, Good luck on your colonoscopy Monday, we all hope it's clear. Nice bike, Seattle SeaHawks color.:)

wikey

Hi @PapaJeff
So you are presumably north of the red gate somewhere
Cheers
Mikeywikey

Forum user
Quote from @wikey:
Hi @PapaJeff
So you are presumably north of the red gate somewhere
Cheers
Mikeywikey

@wikey, I lived in Washington State for 15 years, now I am just north of Tampa,Fl..

wikey

@PapaJeff
ah gone for the warmth!
i have an old college friend who lives in montreal and has a holiday house in florida , not sure where

Dan-888

This new forum is a GREAT IDEA!
Well done BBC!
It is certainly the key element after all that intensive care and treatment we'd received, stops.

Abby'sMum

Great idea! Went back to work a couple of weeks ago, almost a year to the day since I was diagnosed. Welcomed back with open arms, and am loving every minute of it. Thought I'd entered a more positive phase, but doctor now thinks I've developed rheumatoid arthritis while on chemo and the blood tests she carried out show that my liver function in too high. More tests, more hospital visits - so tired of worrying all the time, would like a couple of months of normality. :-/ It can be hard to accept that life will never be the same again!

Good luck to everyone with their follow up tests - will be think about you all!

sixtiesman
Quote from @wikey:
hi @Sparrow , maybe by end of week i will have it

might be this one

notice the nice Irish green colour

When people are in discomfort or have abdominal pain a good thing to do is get on one of these or any bike and get some exercise. No exercise or movement when in pain is worse than getting some exercise. I had abdominal adhesions for twelve years and was in agony at times but made myself go out for a walk or even a short cycling trip. More movement.

Selina

i admire you all for your Bravery. & your get up &! go. good luck for all eho waitinh gb. im really 4 years down the line. & still living with mutable side effects. im going now on 29 to see my surgeon. as ive just had a colonoscopy there a narrowing. anyway saw a proffeser and he says ive a mass which he belived is a hernia & i meed it taken out. my belly all ready looks like ive had a fight with Zoro. apart from all that i eas widowedn 14 years ago. & i wud like to meet someone & start dating. as my two are just about to move out. double whammy??coming up to the big 50 next year. i wud like to meet someone. is there a dating place on here. as i rsthereet a male who knows where im coming from.ive a massive zest for life. stayed very young at heart. love the international's holidayd. going out with friends. but simce ive been ill. they have all gone to have relationships. do you know wherebi start please. if not cud we maybe start one please ?