Younger people with bowel cancer

Sean

Hey Everyone!

Hey guys!

I'm a 32 yr old male and I have recently been diagnosed with colo-rectal and liver cancer, of which there is a fair bit :( I havn't actually been told my staging, tho i can tell by the way I have been rushed onto chemo (fol-fori) it's very advanced.

My bowels had been very erractic for the past 8-12 months, at the start of the year I became very constipated, GP prescriped Laxido, which eventually started to help things along.

Forward to the last week of April, when I started developing a very heavy, and severe pain in my liver. Which led me bringing myself into A&E. I told the docs I had a bad pain in my liver, tho they were certain it was my appendix/gallstone. Was too young, apparently, to have Liver problems. Few days later an MRi revealed I had several large liver lesions, largest being 8.2x8x8 CM another of similar size and others dotted around the liver. Let home and scheduled for the biopsy 3 weeks later. Done the biopsy and went of holiday happy as larry, as one of the registers said I was fine to drink. Given I thought it was drink related, i figured it wasn't anything serious. Had a few beers on holidays, which mainly resulted in me violently spewing my guts every where. I came home severely drained of energy/strength, knowing something was in fact, seriously wrong with me.

Was first told on the 16th of May that my lesions were in fact malignant tumours, suspected of being secondary. A further colonscopy revealed the primary to be colo-rectal, still waiting on the biopsy results of this, tho its pretty certain.

Started my first treatment Monday (fol-fori).

This was all pretty devastating to hear first of, but I am absolutely determined to beat this thing back to where it came from!

Look forward to engaging with you all on this journey!

Sean.:x:

jandals

Have a good sleep Sean and all the best for tomorrow :x:

angelj

‘Trust me I’m a doctor’ BBC2 about medical cannabis, just caught the end will watch on catch up.

1234annie

Hope u feel better @Sean :x:

Sean

Thanks all just started finally after much messing about.
Even the hospital can't keep up with the routine!!
Lined me up for last weeks chemo dose 😶 frustrating, but this is how the NHS is now. Crumbling.

Hey @Pixie O !! That's very kind of you. Going of your profile pic your not far of this group!!?
Anyhoooooooos all the best for your call back/results. I wouldn't worry too much either way - your in the best hands forum wise I think 🤗

Sean

My scar and body is healing well and otherwise. Somehow 🤨🧐

bettebette

Good luck @Sean.
I don’t think we oldies will be making a habit of putting our hospital photos on! 😄
Waiting for a thorax/abdomen and pelvis CT scan as I message 🦇

Sean
Quote from @angelj:
‘Trust me I’m a doctor’ BBC2 about medical cannabis, just caught the end will watch on catch up.

need to catch up on this! Any good @angelj ? a life of its own is a great docu for understanding how cannabis works so well. www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ixka8

Chemo was pretty rough yesterday, but ive improved already. Arduous work ain't it! Even just taking your licks on the couch knackers you out.

Catlover

Hope you are recovering from yesterday- @Sean - keep up the good work :x:

angelj

Hey @Sean glad you’re feeling better now. I did catch up on the programme, it was only 5 mins at the end, nothing particularly new, just saying not tried and tested. Thanks for the document I’ll have a read. Hope you continued wellness

Sean
Quote from @bettebette:
Good luck @Sean.
I don’t think we oldies will be making a habit of putting our hospital photos on! 😄
Waiting for a thorax/abdomen and pelvis CT scan as I message 🦇

Hope it went ok @bettebette !!?

My insides are an absolute state!! 😯😐😝

bettebette

Thanks @Sean, waiting for the results which are going to MDT on Tuesday (I hope!)
You seem to be doing all you can to improve things for yourself so good for you 😊

angelj

@Sean, A Life of its Own very interesting and moving, I really hope there is significant movement with this soon

Sean

@angelj Big moves this past week. But were still a way off.. Once this gets legalized. Better survival rates for most that use. Everyone should inform themselves the most they can.

1234annie

Great news @Sean I heard it on the radio and I was so pleased. How are you doing? :x: :x:

Sean

Hey @1234annie Bit tired but ok atm. Done 2 MRIs this week. Results Monday :o Hopefully Im up for abalation.. Been battling like mad with the NHS recently to get stuff on time - frustrating! Hope you're well mate!?

1234annie

Bless you, well you are doing amazing! Have you asked your consultant when you can get the good stuff on prescription? I hope it all moves quickly for you @Sean and you get what you need. How about the new cyber knife? I see all this new treatment but how many people get access to it!

angelj

Hey @shaun glad to hear you’re well. I agree it is frustrating and draining when you have to chase for things as well as everything else. Will be thinking about you Monday, hope you enjoy the weekend

determinedjoan

Will be thinking of u on Monday Sean & hoping that u can be considered for Ablation; outstanding team at UCH. Best of luck & pls keep us posted :x:

HH79

Yes keep us posted @Sean here’s to ablation! Thinking of you :x::x:

mem

I have similar battles @Sean. Feels like you’re constantly chasing them doesn’t it?! Anyway, I really do hope you get the ablation and you take it easy and rest :x::x: