Younger people with bowel cancer

Sean

Hey Everyone!

Hey guys!

I'm a 32 yr old male and I have recently been diagnosed with colo-rectal and liver cancer, of which there is a fair bit :( I havn't actually been told my staging, tho i can tell by the way I have been rushed onto chemo (fol-fori) it's very advanced.

My bowels had been very erractic for the past 8-12 months, at the start of the year I became very constipated, GP prescriped Laxido, which eventually started to help things along.

Forward to the last week of April, when I started developing a very heavy, and severe pain in my liver. Which led me bringing myself into A&E. I told the docs I had a bad pain in my liver, tho they were certain it was my appendix/gallstone. Was too young, apparently, to have Liver problems. Few days later an MRi revealed I had several large liver lesions, largest being 8.2x8x8 CM another of similar size and others dotted around the liver. Let home and scheduled for the biopsy 3 weeks later. Done the biopsy and went of holiday happy as larry, as one of the registers said I was fine to drink. Given I thought it was drink related, i figured it wasn't anything serious. Had a few beers on holidays, which mainly resulted in me violently spewing my guts every where. I came home severely drained of energy/strength, knowing something was in fact, seriously wrong with me.

Was first told on the 16th of May that my lesions were in fact malignant tumours, suspected of being secondary. A further colonscopy revealed the primary to be colo-rectal, still waiting on the biopsy results of this, tho its pretty certain.

Started my first treatment Monday (fol-fori).

This was all pretty devastating to hear first of, but I am absolutely determined to beat this thing back to where it came from!

Look forward to engaging with you all on this journey!

Sean.:x:

Baxter2

Haha! I know that feeling of willingness to swap legs for health @Sean!

I've everything crossed for great results on the 13th!

Lots of love

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

angelj

Great news @Sean everything crossed for some good results :x::x:

mem

Happy 3yrs @Sean! And here’s to many more of those years to follow; ideally with your legs still intact πŸ˜‰πŸ’ͺ🏻! Fingers are still crossed re results btw 🀞🏻 :x::x::x:

tonibates1

@Sean yayyyyyyyyyyyyy well done Sean, you keep fighting my lovely and maybe we'll see you in clinical trials up at the Marsden. Tea's on us. :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Hans

@Sean Hi there. Yea, our consultant told us that "anything is possible with treatment" so lets hope its looking good. Yea, the radio really works!! The liver will bounce back after the operation; I don't understand how it does it but yea my wife's liver is working well now.
Hans

Sean

Hope so too @Hans!,🀞 how's the wife doing?

Cheers @mem legs are handy I guess 😏

Thanks @tonibates1 🍡

Sean

Got em today πŸ‘

Lirio345

Excellent news @Sean, stay in touch, Kim :x::x:

determinedjoan

Thrilled 4 u @Sean !
All fingers & toes crossed 🀞 4 MRI & any further treatment.
Keep up the excellent work - v well done u ! Great πŸ‘ inspiration to us all to keep kicking cancer back into long grass ! :x:

Gypsy

Brilliant @Sean. I am always rooting for you. Love Gyspyxx

tonibates1

@Sean, Woop Woop, absolutely wonderful news Sean. :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

KarenE

Brilliant news @Sean. Best wishes for MRI on Sunday and for future treatment :x::x:

Sean

Thanks guys. I meant to put this one up. I'd like others who are having to pay this ridiculous amount of money to contact me.
Thanks

Sean

annie50C

Fantastic @Sean xxx Annie :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

Completely understand how worrying it must be for u hving to find the enormous sum of money to pay for the Avastin every 3 weeks but wonderful that it has helped you :x:

mem

Go you @Sean! Sounds like bloody good news to me (other than having to fund treatment, that is 😞) Fingers will STILL be tightly crossed for Sunday and for some positive MDT news for you on Tuesday. My fingers are going white with a hint of blue btw πŸ˜‰!
Keep us posted Sean :x::x:

angelj

Hey @Sean that’s amazing so pleased, go you! πŸ•Ί πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ :x::x:

Clancy

Good news @Sean, hope you get some more good news next week. :x::x:

george1960

Horrible story to tell but welcome and wishing you all the very best in all your treatments, recovery's, and life.

George :x:

Sean

Haha bless you @mem shouldn't be much longer now.. πŸ€”πŸ˜”πŸ™ I still plan on getting there. Sure they think I'm abit nuts but how else are you gonna pull it off. Drives you nuts one-way or the other in any case 🀯
Hope you're continuing to do wellπŸ˜‰

Cheers @Clancy @george1960 @angelj @determinedjoan @annie50C πŸ€žπŸ‘

Big one tomorrow. Constant ain't it, scans waiting chemo waiting scans, chemo change πŸ˜• waiting.

I get the impression they really think if I even beak from chemo things will progress so need to keep hammering it with EVERYTHING still. It's exhausting.

Sean