General Discussion

Forum user

Cant sleep? Welcome to the 24/7 Thread !!!!

Are you like me and sometimes find yourself wide awake in the middle of the night? Do you feel like sharing your thoughts, experiences, ideas, cancer related or not, with other people who are also burning the midnight oil?

If so, I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread for night owls like us !!!!

Let me know what you think!

Rose :x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @Jim3rg:
It's 3.45am and I have been restless all night. Had a very good day yesterday, went to the theatre to see 'The Play That Goes Wrong', this is the second time I have seen it and it still creases me up laughing, eveyone needs to see it.

I dont know if its the buzz from yesterday thats keeping my mind active or what, but i need to sleep.

Mug of hot chocolate and I will try again.

Jim

Hi like sound of play will look into that . sleep is quite. Problem for me have night sweats.listen music headphones to block snorer .hope sleep improve .I seem crash in afternoon so go back after noon maps and fan good luck was going try cool hot water bottle :x:

george1960

Hi I use to sleep like a log every night but since the chemo radiotherapy and surgery apr resection my sleep is crap. It was not hot last night so went to bed about 11.30 ish and slept to 3am eyes wide awake, trying to sleep again since 3 am and it's 5.30 at the moment eyes still wide awake. Wouldn't mind if I slept during the day but I don't so getting annoyed by this every night.
This has happened more recently since I stopped my Oramorph and slowly cutting out progabalin bloody drugs and disease.

I got the all clear but you still worry and feel your body every day just in case.

Going to try and snuggle down again please please sleep.

Have a great day everyone.

George :x::x:

KatieR

I am a firm believer in always sleeping with your feet pointing North My Dad always did in WW2 and slept like a log !
We have just had a couple of weeks campervanning in Yorkshire ..first three nights hardly slept at all then realised the Van was East / West So I turned it around ...slept like a log for 10 days
Also when its too hot and sticky I take two Paracetamol they make you much cooler
Cath :x::x:

Jim3rg

Sleepless in Newcastle.
Mind running on overdrive and dosent want to quit, could this be the Prednisolone? Second day of taking 40mg, positive note is that my hearing is back to normal, but I will still keep the ENT appointment on Tuesday. Hmm I have a diffuser I wonder if any oils are good to aid sleep.

Take care night owls

Jim

Baxter2

Sleepless in Fife @Jim3rg

I've been up for some cornflakes and still lying wide awake since 2.30am. It's definitely the steroids in my case (and sounds like tours too!)

Hope we manage some sleep and Soon! It's already light outside!

Best wishes,

K💛💜💙❤️💚

Liriodendron345

Have been sleepless in Northamptonshire @Baxter2 and @Jim3rg! Definitely the steroids in my case. Thinking about how much gardening I can get done this morning before I experience the steroid crash 🤪🤪🤪🤯🤯🤯 :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Haha! Love it @Liriodendron345! That exactly what I do!! I've a list as long as my arm or things 'to do' today! I hope you managed some sleep? I managed to get some more after my last post above thankfully! Our chemo weeks must be in sync now! Mine was Thursday instead of Wed this week. Last one for 4 whole weeks with Majorca in between!!

Lots of love,

Karen💛💜💚💙❤️

Liriodendron345

I didn’t go back to sleep really after about 3.00 @Baxter2, but am all caught up on my favourite tv programmes!! Yes we are in sync at the moment, - mine was Tuesday of this week. You so deserve a four week break from chemo and a holiday to Majorca ........ just concerned about the toes 😀😀😀 :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hmmm, I know @Liriodendron345 they're looking reasonable I guess. I had another done a couple of months ago and it healed quite quickly. Fingers crossed 🤞 These damned toes or ours......and all the other nuisance effects!! Grrrr!

I'll be armed with all lotions, potions and drugs. I've got my updated letter to give permission to carry injections too!

Lots of love and hope you have a productive day in the garden! We have that weird stuff called rain this morning! First for a couple of months I think!

Karen 💛💜💚💙❤️

Liriodendron345

Onwards and upwards @Baxter2, ‘tis the only way to go. Your feet will be beautiful and you will have a great great time. I felt and looked so much better after my holiday .... it really felt like I had been able to escape and switch off from most of this cancer malarkey! Take good care my chemo buddy, Kim :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Liriodendron345! I'm quite determined to paint my toenails bright red for the hols and that is what I shall aim for! I still have some standards 😂😂

I'm looking forward to just that, switching off from my cancer world and moving into holiday mode!

Loads of love,

Karen :x::x::x:

Jim3rg

I finally got back to sleep at 6am after reading an ebook, then the construction workers woke me up at 7.30am.. oh well there is akways tonight.

Jim

Baxter2

1251am and not yet sleepy despite an evening spent babysitting my two gorgeous grandsons! Fingers crossed it happens soon!

Karen 💜💚💛💙❤️

KatieR

Sleepless in Pilling I genuinely do not remember posting about sleeping with my feet facing north and I cant blame the wine either ...?
Weve got a post wedding ‘shindig ‘ to go to tonight ...fancy dress ...we are going as the Two Amigos Ponchos Big hats and belt full of bullets ...its going to be So much fun ....not. !

george1960

Yawning away like a good en but the head and body won't do what the mouth is doing but will try and try again especially as it was about 4am b4 I got to sleep last night, and not had a nap today.

Good luck :x::x:

Clancy

Sleepless in Altrincham, on the Dexis midnight runners, yet snoring away for two hours in the chemo chair today. Mortified! To say the least. Can't have a soothing lavender bath, pump attached. But we are all still here and breathing and are able to chat around the clock to each other. Good luck.:x::x:

george1960

Still yawning and no sleep still.
The other half must have a dry mouth that or there's a herd of cattle outside laugh.

Hopefully night time sleep soon X

Good sleep

terri m

Hi all. I have been awake most the night .. This last week or so I have suffered with night sweats.. The last time I had these was before my cancer diagnosis... I have been getting aches & pains. Especially in groin area, also slight back pain.. Must admit I am finding it difficult to sleep. Worrying about of this dreaded disease is back... I know alot of you have been here before. But I just want to sleep, but cant.☹️.. I have 1 more cycle left of treatment. And now waiting for the dreaded scan.. My bloods have all been fine so far. Perhaps the scan & end of treatment is makibg me feel this way... Hoping we have a better nights sleep tonight👍x xxx love to you all :x:

Bridget55

Hi @Jim3rg . I saw the play in Derby in April. Exvellent :x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @terri m:
Hi all. I have been awake most the night .. This last week or so I have suffered with night sweats.. The last time I had these was before my cancer diagnosis... I have been getting aches & pains. Especially in groin area, also slight back pain.. Must admit I am finding it difficult to sleep. Worrying about of this dreaded disease is back... I know alot of you have been here before. But I just want to sleep, but cant.☹️.. I have 1 more cycle left of treatment. And now waiting for the dreaded scan.. My bloods have all been fine so far. Perhaps the scan & end of treatment is makibg me feel this way... Hoping we have a better nights sleep tonight👍x xxx love to you all

Hi Terri m
Just reading your post thought I was reading one I'd put up very similar . although mine in liver as well so got more treatment back on chemo