Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Wellness during and after treatment

angepange

Wind!!!!

At long last, I have found an effective remedy against the evil wind which I've had since resection in 2013. Charcoal tablets. Googled it, got them from the health shop, used them on holiday when I was room sharing. Fantastic remedy, worked like a charm!! The only side effect was black poo! Anyone suffering , please try them.:x::x:

Jaybec

@angepange thank you for this. ???

Juliem1969

@angepange think I'll get my hubby some too ??? Ps your new profile pic is lovely :x::x:

Clarissa

Thanks for the recommendation, @angepange, these are on my shopping list for tomorrow. If they work for me, I'll be very grateful & so will my long-suffering partner. He's never forgiven my surgeon for celebrating the fact that I'd broken wind after my surgery!!

Bye for now,

Clarissa :x::x:

angepange

@Clarissa , I promise you they do work. I got mine in Hollans and Barrett and I take two after each meal, 3 times a day. A wonder pill!:x::x:

fnkyf8

@angepange I need some of these. Are they OK to take whilst on chemo?

angepange

I'm unsure about that @fnkyf8 , you will have to ask your onc. Hope so though, they are so good!:x::x:

fnkyf8

Thanks @angepange typically I saw him Friday but I'll ask my nurses Tuesday when I go in for Chemo. I badly need some today!!!! ????

DianeS

Hi @angepange thank you for posting this, they are going to be on my shopping list for tomorrow :x::x::x::x:

angepange

Report back everyone!:x::x:

angepange

Oh @fnkyf8 , I just remembered, it said somewhere that they absorb a lot of toxins and could affect the potency and effectiveness of other medications. Bearing that in mind, I would think the onc would say no. You'd want all your chemo doing exactly what it should! Maybe afterwards?:x::x:

fnkyf8

hi @angepange I asked chemo nurses today who asked pharmacist who said unfortunately no whilst on chemo as it does affect the drugs ?? so not for me. Did recommend peppermint cordial!

Thanks for suggesting it though :x::x::x::x::x:

angepange

Hi @fnkyf8 , yes I thought they'd say that. Never mind, maybe later on. Peppermint cordial? That may be good!:x::x:

Ken77x
Quote from @angepange:
@Clarissa , I promise you they do work. I got mine in Hollans and Barrett and I take two after each meal, 3 times a day. A wonder pill!

Hi angepange.................. I discovered this myself recently, but have not got around to taking them as I read somewhere that they can make you constipated, and that is the last thing I need......... I see that you do not mention this so I am guessing this was not a problem for you .

Thanks for the great tip ........... and all your other posts too !

angepange

Hi @Ken77x , bless your heart. I take them if I have to avoid having foul wind, so, on holiday with friends, weekends away, that sort of thing . I haven’t used them for a while as my bowels have settled down after long long last. I didn’t get constipated, did get black poo, and you need to really drink plenty of wAter, but give them a go!:x::x:

Ken77x
Quote from @angepange:
Hi @Ken77x , bless your heart. I take them if I have to avoid having foul wind, so, on holiday with friends, weekends away, that sort of thing . I haven’t used them for a while as my bowels have settled down after long long last. I didn’t get constipated, did get black poo, and you need to really drink plenty of wAter, but give them a go!

Happy Xmas angepange.............. and thank you so much for the quick and lovely reply !!

I took your advice and took one AC capsule 2 days ago, and it appears to have worked a treat. It allowed me to have a decent nights sleep without wind eruptions all night YAY !! .................. for me that was one of the worst side effects ...........................I still get wind, but in a more normal way ( i.e. not constant and excessively stinky LOL) ................... so thank you very much for that post, without which I may never have used them.
Around about the same time ........ 3 or 4 days ago, I started taking CBD OIl ( have a look on youtube for it curing things especially IBS !! ) ............. and things have seemed to have settled down with this also ....................... but in my experience with it all ( I had my Reversal in late 2016, so 2 years plus on the mend ,............. I think most of my Rectum was removed ..) there has never been a new routine that does not change again after a few days or a week or 2 .... but hopefully this helps with the healing process.

So chuffed to hear that "you" have settled down now............... that gives me hope, although I am coping well and things are not that bead really .

Please do look into the CBD OIl though ................ I met a pal of mine with MS 2 days ago .................... and for the last 2 years she is off all her Meds and only takes CBD OIl , it has totally controlled her ( hellish) condition, with no side effects............ unlike the horrendous ones she suffered from the Docs Meds ........................ She told me to stick with the CBD OIl for my condition, as one of her big things was toilet "stuff" and that has all settled down as well . :)

PS . I did further research on Activated Charcoal .................. most seem to say. give yourself at least 2 hours after taking other medications ... as this should give them enough time to be absorbed by the body............................. as the A. Charcoal absorbs ( actually it is called Adsorbed as the toxins stick to the outside of it ! ) everything ........ in a good way ..